You will have some knowledge or experience of the classification (rating) process.
We recommend the foundation workshop or intermediate seminar first.
A course to provide guidance on identifying the control list entries that apply to your goods software and technology.
- Workshops will concentrate on classifying military and dual-use goods. Outline: Export control lists –where they come from, including relevant legislation
- Military goods and dual-use goods –how to find them on the relevant list
- How to understand the terms and language used in control list entries
- Basic classification exercises –some general examples
- Software and technology controls
- Classification exercises using the Goods Checker tool
- Introduction to the OGEL (Open General Export Licence) Checker
Class sizes for this course are limited. For this reason, these courses fill up quickly and we often have a waiting list. If you book and subsequently find you cannot attend, please let us know so that we can offer your place to someone else.