- This event has passed.
Export Control Regulation in India
20th July 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Export Control Professionals need to stay abreast of the different laws and controls of the different countries they are selling to.
This one-hour webinar from the Institute of Export & International Trade’s Export Control Profession will consider the relevant regulation and licences for India.
During this 1-hour webinar you will learn:
- Overview of the objectives of the Indian Export Control regulations
- Structure and content of the SCOMET (Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipment and Technologies) list and how it relates to the Wassenaar list
- What export licences are available, which items and which countries they apply to?
- General view of licence conditions
- How to apply for a licence
- Current turnaround times for licence applications
- Compliance checking and audits
The speakers for this webinar are:
- Roger Arthey – Chairperson of the Export Control Profession
- Ameeta V. Duggal – Partner at DGS Associates
- Sanjay Notani – Partner at Economic Laws Practice
The Export Control Profession enables and promotes excellence in compliance with export and import controls and trade sanctions in the UK and globally. It recognises that responsibility and liability do not lie solely with the exporter or importer and that increasingly other actors along the supply chain can share responsibility and liability.
It also supports individuals offering services (e.g. lawyers or consultants), government officials, compliance officers or academics working in the field of export and import controls and trade sanctions.
Our mission is to support and represent the export control profession, to promote compliance with export controls and trade sanctions in the UK and globally, and to provide Members with essential resources, professional points of contact and learning support.